The constantly evolving salad gets my vote for one of the best ideas to keep on my personal recipe watch list, especially as the temperature climbs up. Try these winners from our client Avocados from Mexico.
Grains and Greens Recipe
Recipe Courtesy of Avocados From Mexico
Yield: 8 portions
Tomatoes, roma 5 each
Cucumber 1 each
Wheat Berries, cooked 1 cup
Pearl, Barley, cooked 1 cup
Cous cous, cooked 1 cup
peeled, seeded and diced 3 each
Arugula ½ lb
Romaine lettuce hearts 1 head
Ming, coarsely cut ½ bunch
Parsley, coarsely cut ½ bunch
Cilantro, coarsely cut ½ bunch
Lemon juice 6 fl oz
Avocado oil 12 fl oz
Tahini paste 3 fl oz
Yogurt 1 fl oz
Lemon juice 1 Tbsp
Water 2 Tbsp
Salt, black pepper as needed
1. Blanch tomatoes in rapidly boiling water, shock in ice water and peel; do not remove the seeds.
2. Cut tomatoes into medium size obliques
3. Peel cucumber and cut into obliques.
4. Combine the cooked grains with the tomatoes, avocados, cucumbers, lemon juice and oil. Add the herbs and adjust seasoning as needed
5. At service add the romaine lettuce and arugula and toss to combine thoroughly
6. Combine the tahini paste, yogurt, lemon juice and water into a thin paste
7. Arrange the grain salad on plates and drizzle with the tahini mix.