When you've worked with the same client/stylist team for a number of years, a collaborative relationship develops organically. There's a trust among us and we know we can count on each other to share the same vision. I've been working with Alaska Seafood for more than 12 years now and George Dolese has always styled their recipes. It's enormously rewarding to look at a brand and its images and know that it fully represents my aesthetic and that it has developed and changed with me throughout the years. I know that each member of the team shares that feeling.
Below is one of our favorite recipes; Alaskan Salmon Sriracha Noodle Bowl, it was delicious.
Alaska Honey Sriracha Salmon Noodle Bowl
Chicken Broth 12 Cups
Soy Sauce, low sodium 3 Tbsp.
Fresh Ginger, sliced 2 ozs.
Fish Sauce 1 Tbsp.
Wild Alaska Salmon OR Cod, 4 ozs. fillets 3 Lbs. 6 Ea.
Sriracha ¼ Cup
Honey 2 Tbsp.
Canola Oil 3 Tbsp.
Sesame Oil 1 Tbsp.
Udon noodles, fresh 2 ¼ Lbs.
Baby Bok Choy,
(separated into individual leaves with stems attached) 24 Ea.
Shitake Mushrooms 12 Ea.
Tofu, firm, dices 6 ozs.
Bamboo shoots, sliced 36 Ea.
Waterchestnuts, sliced 36 Ea.
Cilantro, chopped 6 tsp.
Sesame oil 3 tsp.
- In a large pot add the chicken broth, soy sauce, ginger and fish sauce.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until the broth has reduced by ¼ to 9 cups
- Remove from heat, discard ginger, and hold warm.
- In a small bowl blend the sriracha with the honey.
- Heat a large sauté pan, and add the canola and sesame oil
- Brush each side of the chosen Alaska fish with the honey sriracha. ***
- Place carefully into pan, and cook 2-3 minutes, turn, baste.
- Cook until done about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove, baste hold warm.
- In a sauce pot add 6 ozs. cooked udon and 12 ozs. of the broth, along with 4 pieces of the
bok choy, split in half lengthwise and 2 shitake mushroom, sliced thin.
- Bring to boil, reduce to simmer and cook 2 minutes.
- Add 1 oz. of diced tofu, 6 bamboo shoots and 6 waterchestnuts and cook until everything
is hot about 1-2 mintues.
- Remove everything to serving bowl.